Saturday, August 31, 2013

The MTC!






The MTC is pretty good so far! My P-day is Saturday while here but I have no idea when it will be when I get out in the field. I'm here til the 11th, FYI. I sent you guys a letter yesterday but you're definitely going to get this before you get the letter so just disregard that I guess. The only thing I don't really like about being here is it's super intense... like my district is so serious all the time, and having church classes all day long is super overwhelming for me... I try to lighten the mood a little bit so I don't die of intense overload but people here don't think anything I say is funny, they just think I'm being disrespectful or something so I need to tone that down a little bit. My companion is really cool, we get along well. She's really nice and so far we haven't had any issues together. She jokes around with me sometimes so that's good. Our first day we had this assignment in class where we were given a reference, like the Book of Mormon or Preach My Gospel or something, and we had to try to sell it to the rest of our district... me and my companion were given the missionary day planner or whatever. I said something like, "Hey at least we didn't get the chastity pamphlet ... " no one thought it was funny, they all just glared at me and thought I was a punk. Hahah! So it's kind of hard to remind myself to watch what I'm saying. The food's good, I'm always starving but I like it. They pretty much have everything so I've been able to chose the healthy stuff. They have tons of fruit and oatmeal (thank goodness) so that's good. We're so busy there's no time to exercise. Yesterday we had gym time in our schedule but it was right in the middle of the day so we couldn't really do anything to get too sweaty... me and my companion just jogged around the inside track for a little. Love you guys, tell everyone I said hello!












No comments:

Post a Comment