Also this week..... Holly got baptized! Yippee! Her husband Justin is not active and not interested in being active.... he doesn't like the church at all and was upset she wanted to be baptized. But she did it anyways! And he came to support her. Holly is my role model- I love her. She's so cute... plus I feel like she's "mine" because I found her- I've taught her since the beginning (5 months); I helped her through her prescription drug detox.... that was MY baptism. And the Lord's... and her's.... but mostly mine, haha. When she walked into that baptismal font- she started bawling.... it was awesome, hahah and then when she got confirmed in sacrament meeting Sunday- she started crying again.. I just love her. It was an awesome weekend. Plus this next Saturday is Delaney's baptism! Kim said she's either going to get it catered or take everyone to Chuck-a-Rama... HAHA. Like this is a baptism- not a wedding? But she went through and took a bunch of pictures, bought everyone new outfits, is getting it catered, wants matching tablecloths and centerpieces ... and she asked me to speak at it and talk about the "transformation” of their family... so we'll see how that goes!
We fasted last week and this week that we would find new people to teach.... guess what! 3 new investigators this week! I don't know how it happened, don't ask me.... 1 was from Bro Eubank- he just called and said he had someone to teach, so that was awesome. At the beginning of the lesson I asked the investigator why he believed in Christ. He said he had no reason not to. At the end of the lesson.... I was trying to decide what to say to him or ask him to get him thinking and involved... then I remembered daddy's email a couple weeks ago about Moroni's promise at the end of the Book of Mormon- “ask if these things are NOT true.” So I brought up what he said when I asked him about Christ, tied it in with Moroni's promise..... BAM. Perfect. Thanks, Daddy!
Tell Didn thanks so much for the letters!
Funny story of how much I love Sister H.... a couple days ago I watched her chug a half gallon of orange juice.... I gave her this stupid look and she goes- "this expired a couple days ago- I may or may not be trying to get food poisoning so we don't have to work....." I gave her another dumb look and she goes, "OH CRAP- this isn't expired- it expires tomorrow!" HAHAH it was SO FUNNY. We have so much fun... she reminds me of Lauren and I loveee ittt ... I have a feeling they will transfer me because we have too much fun together... but we also work really really hard! We get some serious work done!
I love my mission. I love teaching and helping people - it's awesome!
PS if anyone is coming up to visit- let me know and I can ask for permission for someone to come to a lesson with us! Probably not sisters... but maybe? Def cousins or neighbors or something, so that'd be fun.
Have a great week! now I'm going shopping.
![]() |
| Holly's baptism - Yay!! |
![]() |
| Holly & her family on her baptism day |


No comments:
Post a Comment