I've honestly never been so tired in my entire life.... seriously, I must be set apart as a missionary partly because that's the only thing that could possibly keep me functioning on this amount of sleep. It's unreal. Some good things happened this week though!
-Robyn Livingston. I've taught her ever since I got in the area.... She refused to come to church. She said she needed to know it was right first. We tried explaining to her over and over again, "you receive no witness until after the trial of your faith;" action is needed! She wasn't buying it. She would pray to know if the church was true, get overwhelming shivers down her back and then doubt it and say it wasn't the Holy Ghost... she's a sweetheart but it's just frustrating. This week, however... she went to the Ogden temple open house with a friend who's a member. She loved it! She sat in the celestial room for a really long time and prayed to know if this was the course she should take .... she felt the spirit so strong she couldn't walk and 2 people had to stand on either side of her to get her out of the building. Ever since then- there's been a 200% change. We committed her to baptism for the 27 of Sept. She wants more than anything to go back in that celestial room with her husband. He is a member but hasn't been active ever since they've been married (20 years). They want to do this together now, and nothing is going to stop this girl! She's so on fire. When we met with her and she told us about the open house and how she wants to get baptized.... I couldn't stop myself from crying. (I hardly EVER cry anymore- don't know what's wrong with me ... maybe the mission numbed me and that's the way I have to deal with stress... I don't know. It's really stressful to have a companion who has no sense of time and forgets everything. Anyways...) I've honestly NEVER been so happy in my life. We're always told to picture the people we teach in white... because our goal isn' t just to get people baptized- it's to get them to the temple! She's the first one I've ever done that with. As she was talking... all I could think about it how a year from now- I want to come back up to Utah and go through the temple with her. And that's her goal too! All my other investigators have been too young to think about that ... or their spouses aren't members, or they're single... but Robyn is going to get to the temple! It was such a miracle I can't even describe it!
-Zone conference with one of the 70. It was really intense.... made me feel like a terrible missionary but I'm over it now.
-Hit my year mark! Yippie!
-Sister Bill had to go take an English test to apply for BYU.... (she only spoke French until her mission). So I got to go with her down to the U of U campus and sit in a waiting room by myself for 5 hours. It was like the highlight of my week hahah, plus everyone there was foreign... so I got to talk to a ton of different people! Most of them were from China and knew nothing about Christ... So I taught a bunch of lessons in the waiting room there and handed out pamphlets and went crazy... I felt like a beast, hahah it was awesome- be proud of me, America! This one little Asian girl liked me so much - when Sister Bill got done with her test she's like- "we take selfie?" Ummm, what.... hahah ok! So she took a picture with us. I love Asians.....
That basically sums up life. I don't know why all of these crazy good things are happening... probably because I'm being blessed for exercising patience, gaining weight and not having any sleep...... yay.
Have a good week at school! I'll be home in 6 months, don't forget about me!
Heidi
![]() |
| "We take selfie?" Haha! |
| My one-year celebration - frosties! |

No comments:
Post a Comment