Monday, February 17, 2014

You'll love this one ...

Hi family,

I did get the Valentine's package, thank you!  That was sweet. For Valentine's day, Elder Clare (creeper) sent me some chocolates and one of his ties... he asked me to sign it and then he gave me some cash so I could send it back to him ... like are you freaking kidding me buddy? Heck no. Does he think we're dating or something?  Blek. BLEK. For Valentine's day- we got to serve food at the stake adult dance. We were there ALL DAY prepping for it and I was exhausted afterwards. I was grateful for the opportunity though- we had absolutely nothing else to do that day.

The work here is slowing down.... we're running out of people to teach and visit! We do like 2 or 3 lessons to nonmembers a week..... that is pathetic. of course the numbers don't matter and every area is different, but still! We do teach a lot of less active lessons though - that's good. Still working with the B's to try and get them to come to church so the dad can be worthy to baptize Delaney. Mom- I totally agree with what you said about getting too comfortable with Kim. I've been trying to avoid that because that's what happened to me with Amanda in Layton. Once you get too comfortable with the people you're teaching- they kind of start to lose respect for you as a missionary and don't take you seriously. We try to limit Kim time now but it's hard because we really don't have much else to do.... Kim came to sacrament meeting this week. Don't get too excited though, she only came because Emmy (daughter, 15) was giving a talk. Then she left right after it was over and I literally got up and CHASED HER out into the parking lot when I saw her leave. I tried to the best of my ability to drag her back in there but....... no success. And Jason (dad) didn't show up. His own daughter gave a talk and he can't find the time to attend, like seriously? We brought the YSA elders to the lesson with them Sunday (we're trying to get the other daughter Chandler, who's my age, to get active in YSA- work in progress but she really likes me and her best friend just left for a mission so it could be good) and they told me to maybe consider dropping the B's. If we are giving them weekly lessons and sharing scriptures/visiting throughout the week then they are going to feel that spirit in their home and not feel the need to go to church. it's definitely a good idea- I just don't know if I'll have the strength to do it! Pray for the B's!

Also this week we were able to go with an investigator (working on rebaptism) to Temple Square for a lesson. Afterwards she took us to the Lion House- that was fun. We had temple day today and Annie Schmidt (Jon's daughter) drove us. She leaves on her mission soon so it was fun to be able to spend some time talking with her. Afterwards we did some shopping- I love that girl!

Sio's still on date for March 1st but the other day his girlfriend's aunt (we teach at her hosue) texted us and said she thinks we need to reteach the law of chastity.... oh lovely. Keep in mind, he doesn't understand much English and I've taught this lesson to him twice so far. I might have to use some slang words or pictures that he'll understand.... HAHA jk. But really.

Dad - do you teach Sunday School now? I didn't know that. I don't know what the Abrahamic Covenant really is to be honest...... I walked in halfway through a Sunday School lesson about it last week but didn't catch very much of it..... sounds neat though.  I don't think your emails are boring or too long- I like it. You should run that marathon, it sounds cool! I've started running every morning while my companion walks slower than a snail and glares at me for making her get out of bed........ she asked if we have to exercise on Christmas and I said if I had it my way- we would exercise all day on Christmas. She needs to get a better attitude about that, haha.  Hey how is Ruth doing?  And Shauna? I just wrote Shauna a really long letter, I hope she doesn't get weirded out.......

Thanks for your emails, wish I had more time to reply to them individually! Have a good week; pray we find meaningful stuff to fill our time!

xoxoxo
Heidi
Creeper!

Helping decorate at the Stake Valentine's Day Dance

No comments:

Post a Comment