Monday, February 24, 2014

This Week ...

Well, first of all ... let me start by saying the best news you've ever heard .... Kim and Jason B. attended church this Sunday.  Kim went to Relief Society, Sunday School and half of Sacrament Meeting (they do that last here, it's so weird) and Jason came to sacrament meeting. It was seriously a miracle guys- I don't think you understand.  The look on everyone's faces when they walked into Sacrament Meeting..... was PRICELESS.  I couldn't stop smiling, the bishop couldn't stop smiling, Brother Cook (ward mission leader) couldn't stop smiling .... It was just awesome. I know I shouldn't take credit- the Lord should...... But I worked hard, guys. Transfers are tomorrow and me and Sister H are both staying in the area.  Kim started crying on the phone when I told her. I'm like, you really need to get it together babe .... But it made me feel good. When I was sick and puking my guts out and having the chills this week, Kim (she's a nurse) bought all of Walgreen’s- I swear- and brought it over.  Popsickles and Gatorade and soup of every flavor you could imagine .... I was honestly afraid I was going to get transferred because of the B's.  Like that they are getting too attached and it's time to move someone else in.... I'm just trying really hard to get them converted for THEM and not for me. That's hard to do! But Kim said, although she hated to admit it- that her emotions were more stable after church Sunday than they usually are. TOLD YOU.   So now we just need to get Jason paying his tithing and going to church for a couple weeks and he'll be OK'd to confirm Delaney at her baptism. YAY! And hopefully he stays active after that.... we'll see.

I had a lesson with Sio yesterday, he's supposed to get baptized this coming Friday but ..... needless to say, he does not understand the law of chastity. I don't blame him- his English is just not very good! But I did exchanges with a Samoan sister in Centerville and brought her (brilliant, I know) and basically let her go into detail with him the Do's and Don'ts.  He's having a hard time because his girlfriend is a member and she's never told him the stuff they're doing isn't okay. So his baptism has been postponed until further notice because he wants to try really hard to live it. Plus he's not worthy to be baptized this week anyways.... so fingers crossed the Samoan sex talk did something for him because my English one did nothing, haha. So there's that.

Last night we had our first monthly "Social with the Sisters" for the youth. We were thinking at first no one would come so we invited the stake.... then we were thinking too many people would come so we changed it and told youth to only come if they had a friend to bring..... anyways, it was stressful and 11 people showed up. It was really good though, we (by that I mean I) shared a quick spiritual thought and opened it up for questions on gospel stuff/ missionary work. The kids really liked it so hopefully they will spread the word and next month we'll have a better turnout!

A full time senior missionary couple just got called to our stake. I'm so excited to use them and be able to split with them for lessons and have them go out of the area to visit all these people we're teaching in Salt Lake- it should be awesome!

Thank you everyone, have an awesome week.

Taking Tina to the Temple Visitor's Center


No comments:

Post a Comment