This week:
Well, yesterday we had absolutely no one come to church. We have 5 investigators and 3 less actives we are working with. Plus 4 returned members. How many came to church? ZERO. It was absolutely ridiculous. Me and Sister H realized...... a mission is dang hard, and no one tells you that before you sign up for it. Occasionally you might hear "it was hard, but worth it"... that's an understatement. Do you know how SICK AND TIRED I am of hearing "Where are you from?! How long have you been out?!" Okay- is that all I am good for? Is that the most important thing to be asking a disciple of Christ? Sorry, I'm done. But we are both just really sick of people 1) not understanding the important of church attendance 2) forcing us to eat white rice and rolls and potatoes and creamy sauces that make us SICK (I'm gagging thinking about it) and 3) asking us those same 2 questions at least 30 times a day.
-Uncle Dave did our teeth and SAVED OUR LIVES. Seriously, I don't think he understands how much we appreciate it. Sister Hornberger's family really has no money..... after her mom had all those cancer treatments and passed away- her dad was sucked dry. Now his health is so bad- he can't work very much so they really have no money. She really really needed a crown on one of her teeth that she had a root canal on... but her dad just could not afford it. Dave is going to put one on for free and that really means the world to her.
-Zone conference: Me and Sister Hornberger gave a fabulous training. We did a role play in front of everyone and everyone was busting up by the end of it because I figured they were all falling asleep so I made it a little fun. Even President Hansen was laughing! It was really good though- don't you worry.
-Exchanges with Sister Hamblin. I miss and love her so much! What a good, dedicated missionary. I wish sometimes that I could have stayed with her to finish up her training.... but I love Hornberger too so it's all good.
-Taught Carson a lesson yesterday. In the middle of the lesson he said, "I need to finish reading the Book of Mormon before I make a decision." I was like, "a decision on what...... baptism?" Carson: "Uh, no. A decision of whether I come to church again or not." Are you kidding me? I just about slapped him and walked out.
-Had a "youth chat" last night... 60 kids there! We taught family history and got them excited about it. Went really really well! I LOVE working with the youth!
-We decided our bad luck might be because we're not working hard enough. We repented and are really going to try to do less "service" (AKA giving people mani/pedi's) and do more door knocking.......
-That's all I can think of right now...... sorry this sucks but it was one of those weeks.
"For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love and of a sound mind. Be not therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord." (2 Timothy 1:7-8) "I wish every member of this church would put these words where he might see them every morning as he begins his day. They would give us courage to speak up, they would give us strength to try, they would strengthen our conviction of the Lord, Jesus Christ. I believe miracles would happen." -Gordon B. Hinkley
Have a good week!
xoxoxo
Sister Shields
No comments:
Post a Comment