Monday, July 21, 2014

MoTab and mourning ...

This week:

-Went on exchanges with the sisters in my old stake in Bountiful. it was so FUN. I knew everyone there and was able to show Sister H's companion all of the in's and out's of the area - I hope it helped her. Our dinner appointment wasn't there when we showed up so we called Kim B (of course). She was sick as a dog but still made us delicious food anyways. I LOVE her. She is seriously my hero.....

-Went to the MoTab concert with Trichelle. She is so fun, hahah - we were driving home really late in ghetto SLC and there were these kids looking in the grass for their keys or something ... Sister H's like, "what do you think they're looking for?" Trichelle: "their bong ... " When MoTab's singing: "get some Yager in me and I'd run up and be their guest soloist right now... GASP- did I just say that? I'm so sorry, I'm a terrible recently reactivated member- I'm making you look bad!"  Trichelle started doing that isogenics diet.... when we walked in and saw all of her boxes and whatnot she holds up this picture of a skinny ripped girl on the cover and goes "can you believe this? they didn't get my permission to put my picture on here! Hello, copyright?!" HAHAH she's the only reason I'm not utterly depressed about Sister H leaving me in this rough area.

-Made pop tarts deep fried in pancake batter with Rich and Lorie.... disgusting, I know, but SO GOOD. It was funny though- Rich started yelling at his kids and said, "you can't eat those pop tarts- those are for deep frying for the sisters!" *first world problems*

-I'm just going to miss Sister H so much.... (like I've never been emotional on my mission).... I really don't cry anymore. But I'm bawling and can't stop. She was telling me how I deserve the best boy when I get home and we shouldn't settle for anyone because we're both gorgeous angelic dutchesses.... (we looked good yesterday) and I admitted... yeah maybe I do deserve some really fantastic man who's kinda nerdy but a really good guy.... and she goes, "HELLO! wake up and smell the coffee, Sister Shields!" Me: "We don't drink coffee....." "Well, wake up and smell the roses because they're dying!" It was so funny! Anyways I'll miss her.... pray I don't go into deep depression and refuse to leave the house and die because of this..... 

-My new companion is Sister B- she's from Brazil and she's pretty cool.... I've met her a couple of times. She's a really hard worker- which will be good for me.  For Sister H's last night we get to go out to eat with President and Sister Hansen tonight and then have a sleepover at the mission home .... that will be good I guess.

Have a good week!
Love, Sister Shields

Brother and Sister Morgan, the couple missionaries in our area

My District

There's a saying in the mission that your last area is where you "die."  RIP Sister H!

Trichelle, her daughter Kate and us at the MoTab concert

No comments:

Post a Comment