This week's obsession is... peaches. I love peaches.
So this week, we had Bri's baptism. She's 10 and her mom's less active. She's officially been reactivated though, and her older sister who just got out of jail and is on house arrest is coming to church too, so that will be good. She's so fun- me and Sister H love her.
Speaking of Sister H ... she goes home a week from tomorrow...... I'm panicking. But we had an interview with President and he PROMISED me I'd get a good companion. I think Sister H pulled some strings and put in a good word because she sees me have occasional mental breakdowns about her leaving... this area is just rough! The stake president is hardcore, the ward mission leaders set our appointments for the evening, and they are supposed to tell us a week in advance so we can plan around it- but the system is terrible and they usually tell us like a half hour before.... at the last minute they'll call and say "4 appointments tonight- 4 different sisters to split with, cut your dinner down to a half hour... GO!" It's so terrible and stressful but if we try to cancel or rearrange then we get all this bad feedback from the members and the ward mission leader gets upset.... it's just super stressful. Not to mention all of theappointments are active members who just want us to sit and talk all night and force us to eat ice cream and tell them what our first names are and refuse to do missionary work.... like, ok we are busy! We don't have time for this! Anyways..... this area's stressful.
We started teaching this girl named Anya. She's 10 and just moved in with her active grandparents. Her aunt is serving a mission in California and she skype teaches her lessons...? Weird, I know. But we are taking over and baptizing her soon.
Rich and Lorie are insane..... they are fighting like nobody's buisness and yesterday Rich STORMED out of sacrament meeting and ripped his boys of the bench while they were crying because they didn't want to leave...just rough. Missionary work is rough. but somehow I'm still happy and motivated so whatever, haha, i'll take it. The other day we went over to Rich's and had a member with us.... he goes, "can I offer you ladies a beer?" (he always does that to be funny) and I go "sure- light please" hornbger goes, "do you have anything stronger? Rough day." This member almost passed out, I swear - hahah, it was so funny!
Had another youth fireside/chat. These YW LOVE me. They are obsessed with us, I swear. 3 girls seriously asked if they could be my companion for a few weeks when Sister H leaves... and they fight over who gets to come to lessons with us! I feel like a celeb...
That's all. Have a wonderful week. And someone watch Devil Wears Prada for me because I really have this random urge to watch it....
Love,
Sister Shields
![]() |
| My district |
![]() |
| Leadership meeting |
![]() |
| Bri's baptism |
![]() |
| Me with Rich's boys - they LOVE me! |




No comments:
Post a Comment