Monday, October 20, 2014

Another week in the Pioneer YSA Stake


Welcome to SLC - where people create art with Budweiser bottle caps and chewing gum


Okay, I'm trying to remember what even happened this week....

Spencer got baptized! We were really worried ... he has no family support and they wanted him to push it back another 3 weeks so his great-grandma would be out of the hospital. We knew that wasn't a good idea.... he's already pushed his date back 2 times already. So he stuck with his original date and it happened! Yay!

We had interviews with President. For the first time my whole mission I had no emotional breakdown. No complaints. No concerns. I seriously went in there and was so excited. I said, "President, I figured out why I'm here and how to be happy doing it and I love my mission. It took a year- but I did it!" He laughed, hahah- but really- for the first time I've learned how to really truly consecrate myself, forget about everything else, and focus on being the best missionary I can be. It's weird... but I am so happy.

Craig (our stoner investigator) is moving into the AP's area. So we had them come to one of our lessons to do a trade off. Long story short.... Craig was kind of... possessed? And they gave him a priesthood blessing and then the difference was like night and day. He came to church yesterday - on time and dressed nice, by himself, AND his Book of Mormon in hand. It was a miracle; I almost passed out in shock ... hahah.

Saw Meet the Mormons and CRIED. It was so good!

I love living with other sisters. I love YSA! I love being in SLC where there are so many different people from all over the world. Usually in lessons, I'm the only white, English-speaking person. It's kind of weird haha - everyone's from South America, Europe or Africa ... literally. I wish I knew French or Spanish.

And my worldy insert:
I love serving in the Capitol Hill YSA ward because it's all rich RM's who wear Rolex watches and drive nice cars and are financial planners and rich business owners. Also there are a lot of football players for the U.... it's fun! I don't flirt, but it's fun. I think it's a tender mercy. The end.

Spiritual thoughts:

Ether 6:5: the Lord gave the brother of Jared storms but it ended up being for their good- it brought them to the promised land. I know that's how trials are for us in our life too! Always for our good.

Heidi

Spencer's baptism!



Me and my awesome companion



Carving pumpkins at the YSA ward FHE




Christian made us lunch and gave us flowers!  Hes'a sweetie.  The guy on the floor is the ward mission leader.




No comments:

Post a Comment