Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A little bit of venting ...

Family -

Well yesterday we had zone conference - all of the missionaries in the Farmington, Bountiful and Cannon Zones were there.  I saw Sister P (last comp from my trio) and I seriously cried because I miss her so much.  She's the best missionary I've ever seen; she's so funny and she is so sweet to me.  I was thinking how I just need to learn to love my comp right now and then I'll be so much happier, but it's way easier said than done.  What do you do when your companion's stubborn and set in her ways and kind of selfish?  Normally I'm the one that has that problem, not the other way around!  I seriously try to serve her and make her happy every opportunity I have, but she never returns the favor.  Which normally I totally wouldn't care about, but somehow it makes me feel like crap.  I just want her to love me like I do her!  I mentioned something like that to her (in nice terms) and she said, "maybe you're just too used to being spoiled."  She makes me feel like I can't do anything right.  So anyways, transfers are on the 14th and I can't decide if I should be praying for the strength to survive her another transfer so no other sister will have to or pray to get transferred hahah.  Sister Hansen was saying she felt bad for me and she was sorry (that's when you know you really do have it rough) and I said, "you know what?  It's okay.  The mission's not supposed to be easy; if it was no one would learn or grow.  Companions aren't supposed to be perfect for you."  Anyways, I'll keep you posted on that.

Tonight we took Annie Schmidt (Jon's daughter) on splits and she is the funnest, cutest thing ever.  We like taking girls out when we contact people so they can see how hard a mission is.  When you get our boots wet and no one answers the door or no one lets you in or you run out of stuff ot do because members don't do their part in finding people ... I know it's not nice, but they need to see how missionary life really is!

The good news is, we're starting to teach more lessons and find more people.  And I still haven't had sweets since Christmas!  Except I had some caramel popcorn the other day ... but I'm not counting that.  I decided that missions "refire" you because you have to deal with every possible trial.

Hope everyone's doing well!  Love you all!

Heidi
My District - Jan 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment