Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I LOVE being a trainer!

My trainee, Sister Hyden, me, and my trainer, Sister Hornberger
Reunion with Sister Hornberger!



Good to hear everyone's doing well.  Daddy, good luck with your race.  Mother, sorry you're so busy with the temple celebration, but that's awesome.  Kayla, i met with a family the other day whose daughter danced with Ballet West for a couple years.  I told her how you told me I should baptize some of the dancers while I'm here and she said "GOOD LUCK with that!"  Haha sorry to crush your hopes and dreams.  Tell Garrett and Karli I said congrats!  Tara sent me a picture and she's so cute.

So this was the first week with my trainee and it flew by!  I love being a trainer, I think this was the best week of my whole mission so far.  I was so badly for her to learn to love the mission as much as I have learned to.  It took me 3 months to get to that point ... but now I love it.  I was so worried that work would slow down and I would be struggling to find stuff to do to keep us busy, but Heavenly Father has blessed us with a packed schedule every day so far!  My comp probably hates me because i schedule appointments literally every hour of the day, make her talk in lessons and I force her to get up at 6:20 so I can get in my full exercise time ... she hates morning exercise; she hates most things about missionary life, actually hahahh.  It's kinda hard because I know she doesn't want to be here ... first off, she doesn't want to be in Utah; second off, she doesn't want to be on a mission in general, and she's told me that!  I seriously am trying everything in my power to make her feel important, loved and trusted. I want her to love these people as much as I do.  Lesson learned though ... we can't take young women out with us very often; my comp's maturity suddenly goes down to Beehive level and it's way to hard to deal with ... hahah.  Basically I'm just trying to keep us busy so she doesn't have time to get homesick.  I hope she's doing okay?  She doesn't really tell me ...

I always say how much I love working with girls ages 13-30-ish ... well right now, those ar the only peopel we're teaching and I LOVE it (one being Kari, the blonde in that training video).  We found so many new investigators and are really close with a lot of people.  Holly (the one who texted you ) is the daughter of the family we live with; she's 29 and has  2-year-old son; she has her hair license, massage license and her aesthetician license.  She's trying so hard to be a good person and find a good guy to date and marry.  This past week, I've gotten very close to her.  She took us out to lunch the other day (to a buffet, after we'd already eaten ... that day was a train wreck; I wanted to kill myself.), and then on P-day yesterday, we went down to station park (Farmington version of San Tan Mall) and ran errands with her, shopped and then got fro yo.  Holly is so amazing and I just lover her so much!  She's had such a hard life and has given everything up to raise her son.  Boys are so mean to her and don't give her any of the respect she deserves.  i'm going to try to bring her to some lessons with the girls we are teaching; I think it could really benefit both ends of people.  I never want to leave Bountiful because I want to live wiht Holly and the Binghams forever!

Somehow everyone's getting permission to come to my area on P-days and have me cut their hair ...?  I cut Sister Hornberger's (my trainer) and a couple other sisters yesterday.  It was so fun; it made me feel right at home and I was so happy.  We're teaching a 22-year-old Tongan guy who came over to the states a couple years ago.  He's the definition of a golden investigator.  After we recited the first vision I asked how he felt and he said, "absolutely amazing."  After we taught the plan of salvation he kept saying, "this is wonderful, this is amazing, this is too good to be true, this is what I've been looking for my whole life; why don't Catholics teach this?  Where has this been my whole life?"  He's seriously perfect.  My trainee Sister H probably thinks that's how all investigators are because he's the first we've taught together ... hahaa!  If only.  He's praying about a baptism date and hopefully will decide soon!

Thank you for all the love and support hope you are all doing well.

Heidi

PS  Enjoy my video!  I know; I'm a natural on the camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment