Monday, April 7, 2014

Conference Weekend


Breakfast with members on conference Sunday


Well, we just got the news of transfers tomorrow - I was CONVINCED i was going to leave the area because I've been here 4-1/2 months.... but I'm STAYING! This is really bittersweet..... I had totally prepared myself to go- I feel like I have helped the people we're teaching right now as much as I can- ya know? I even started writing goodbye letters and telling people I was leaving.... plus the work here is really slow guys, hahah - like really slow. I was looking forward to a fresh new start. The good news is- I love this area. I love the Binghams (who we live with) and all the members. I LOVE the Bleaks- I wish i could express to you the huge 180 change they've made over the past couple months. We got to go to the afternoon session of conference with them yesterday and Kim was like, all emotional because she thought I was leaving.... she kept hugging me and insisted on sitting next to me everywhere we went... then last night she said a verbal family prayer (probably the only one she's ever ever said in that house) about how thankful she was that me and Hyden were sent there to help them .... it was sweet. Anyways- it will be nice to stay here with them for a while. I guess that means they still need some foundation building before I can leave! Hyden is going to Layton and she's really upset and nervous, I can tell. She loves this area (I don't blame her) but she will do great. She's at this point where she only likes teaching selective people... (I've been there too). Like old people and being down at the South Davis Hospital KILL her hahah; she hates it. I used to be like that in Layton and then all of the sudden I got here and just love everyone to death. Which really helps missionary work- let me tell you! I hope I trained her well enough! I'm excited to have the opportunity to train again. I LOVE training. mostly because I can take charge..... hahahha, not gonna lie.

Probably 80% of our appointments fell through this week.... it was just lovely. We were supposed to go to Conference on Saturday with our investigator Holly (not the Holly we live with) but she backed out an hour before! Like what is this? And we can't go to Conference unless we have an investigator... but we still got to go to one session though, and that was awesome. Especially sitting next to Kim, who tells everyone around us (loudly of course) "these are our missionaries, my 14 year old daughter is being taught because she's not baptized because we were inactive." Way to lay it out there kim! Not to mention the fact that we almost died driving there in her Lincoln because she's the scariest driver I've ever seen.... and we were almost late because she had to stop at a gas station and pick up literally 15 bottles of Coke... on a Sunday..... and the metal detector went off when she went through security at the conference center so they had to wand her or whatever that's called.... she like, ripped up her skirt to show she didn't have any weapons in her nylons... Like you just have to know her, hahhahah! Her girls were so embarrassed but I was having the time of my life.

Side note on the people we're teaching- Brody and Tara are doing awesome. this past week at the lesson- Brody asked the ward mission leader, Brother Cook, if he could go to priesthood with him next week. Also Brother Cook brought Brody a gift certificate for Mr. Mac so he can go get a suit and he got Tara a gift card for Nordstrom. Like how awesome is that? Brody was crying when he handed that to him... which is weird- Brody's covered in tats and has gages, by the way. That was awesome though. Sio- haven't heard from him. Hope he's alive. Bleaks- REACTIVATED. Baptism in the future \m/ (that's the rock on symbol me and Lauren use all the time hahah). that's all the time I have for updates, sorry; but pray for these people please and have a great week! Wish I could be at Robyn's baptism!

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment