It's a wonderful life in the mission! I have a new companion- Sister Hamblin - from..... ARIZONA! Yayayyy! She's fresh out of the MTC. She's from Eagar and her closest Walmart is Show Low, the closest mall is in Mesa, so that’s fun. We have identical personalities and we have so much fun together! I seriously love her. She's a hard worker and a great teacher. It will be a wonderful 12 weeks, America! I was thinking I was going to leave the area and was totally prepared to do so.... I was thinking this area was dead and I have nothing left to do here- how wrong I was. We did the math- we have 7 current investigators. 5 have accepted baptism and are SO close! All of the lessons we taught this week went so well... like almost TOO well, haha. We are teaching this husband and wife- Melanie and Sergio. they live out of their car..... long story- can't type it out right now. But last lesson I assigned them to read the intro to the Book of Mormon. This lesson they said they read the intro, the testimony of the witnesses and through chapter 5 of 1st Nephi. AND they did the homework assignment at the end of the first lesson. Like, what? It was unreal, I was shocked, hahah. But they accepted baptism so we should be close with them! The bishop finally ok'd Jason to confirm Delaney- Kim's trying to pick a date.... blek..... it could be a while, haha.
(Later that day...)
So yeah- lessons are going well. My companion worked as a makeup artist in the Fiesta Mall right before she left so we have fun together. We did a lot of yard work this week.. Funny story: the Bingham's (family we live with) wanted help in their garden. So we were manure-ing it and using one of those tillers to till it in?? Then they had us go through and pick the big rocks out. I picked up what I thought was a rock.... and then realized that this was definitely not a rock...... It was a small skull. Brother Bingham walks over and goes, "oh, there's Lola." WHAT?! We had dug up the family's deceased dog! I was mortified, of course. And guess what me and Hamblin spent the next hour doing? Picking BLONDE WAVY DOG FUR out of their garden soil. I'M NOT KIDDING. Brother Bingham kept saying, "Sisters- don't tell Kolleen......" hahahha Kolleen... you have to know her. She's like Sister Doane. She is the sweetest, most sensitive lady you've ever met! So we met Lola- the Bingham's dog. Who died in 1991. Isn't that lovely? Then we found out from the neighbors that Lola did not have blonde wavy fur. So there's a possibility that we met another family pet. Me and Hamblin laughed about that for seriously like the next 3 days straight, hahaha. So that's what's new here.
I'm not saying this because I'm stuck up, but the members here LOVE me. like ADORE me. They keep saying, "you are meant to be in this area- we hope you never leave," "you're still here?! and training another one?! how lucky are we!" "we better invite all our friends to hear the lessons now before Sister Shields leaves!" "We just need to add your name to the ward list because you basically live here!" Lovely. I do love this area though! It's the best! I do like feeling appreciated though..... that's nice. People think I'm way better than I am, that's for sure.
Robyn's baptism looks wonderful! AWESOME for inviting the friend. That's perff. And so does Kayla's prom....lucky duck. I do love the mission though...
Hope everyone has a great week!
Heidi
| We took Lacey & Scott, two patients from South Davis Hospital, to do confirmations at the temple |
No comments:
Post a Comment